萬一他就是你那倫巴男孩呢

字號:

SCENE⑤ A 戴夫由上方探頭,進吉娜的隔間
    「萬一他就是你那倫巴男孩呢?」
    Dave: Hey, Zina. You shouldn't act so tough with Vince. 1) What if he's your rhumba boy?
    戴夫: 嘿,吉娜。你不該故意對文斯那么兇巴巴的。萬一他就是你那倫巴男孩呢?
    Zina: Please. He's only nice to me because I'm making him a ton of money.
    吉娜:拜托喔。他對我好只是因為我在幫他賺大錢。
    Dave:He was definitely happy. You must be making a lot of sales.
    戴夫:他真是高興得很。你一定做成了很多買賣。
    Zina:It isn't hard. All the 2) online businesses need a way to 3) keep track of the 4) traffic to their 5) sites.
    吉娜:這不難。所有的線上商務都需要設法掌握他們網站的流量。
    Dave:That's InfoKing. Tracks every visitor. Or at least it will, if we can get it to work.
    戴夫:這就是資訊王。掌握每一位訪客。或者至少以后會是這樣,若我們能讓做出來的東西管用。
    語言詳解
    A: I can't get online.
    我連不上線。
    B: There must be too many other people using the Internet.
    一定是有太多人上網了。
    「act tough with…… 故作強硬」
    tough 這個字,指的是“強悍的”,若要說“對……很強悍、強硬”就是be tough with……,對話中用了act這個字,act tough with聽來的感覺傾向于“故意裝得很強硬”。
    A: I'm so angry. I could hit you in the face.
    我好生氣。我真想揍你的臉。
    B: Don't you act so tough with me. I know you couldn't hurt a fly.
    你別跟我故作強硬。我知道你連只蒼蠅都舍不得殺。
    「get it to work 讓它運作」
    get……to work這個句型,若是用在事物身上,是指“讓……能夠運作”,可能是指草創(chuàng)的新東西,或是某個窒礙難行的制度,也可以單純指東西壞了:
    A: My car broke down again.
    我的車又壞了。
    B: I bet I can get it to work. Where is it?
    我打賭能讓它上路。車子在哪里?
    1) what if…… 萬一,要是……
    2) online (a.) 連上電腦網路的,線上的
    3) keep track of…… 隨時掌握……
    4) traffic (n.) 此指“網站的流量”
    5) site (n.)“網站”,即website