新概念英語第二冊英音版20:One Man in a Boat

字號:

Lesson 20
    第20課
    One Man in a Boat
    獨坐孤舟
    First listen and then answer the question.
    聽錄音,然后回答以下問題。
    Why is fishing the writer's favourite sport?
    為什么作者愛釣魚?
    Fishing is my favourite sport.
    釣魚是我特別喜愛的一項運動。
    I often fish for hours without catching anything.
    我經常一釣數小時卻一無所獲,
    But this does not worry me.
    但我從不為此煩惱。
    Some fishermen are unlucky.
    有些垂釣者就是不走運,
    Instead of catching fish,
    他們往往魚釣不到,
    they catch old boots and rubbish.
    卻釣上來些舊靴子和垃圾。
    I am even less lucky.
    我的運氣甚至還不及他們。
    I never catch anything -- not even old boots.
    我什么東西也未釣到過 -- 就連舊靴子也沒有。
    After having spent whole mornings on the river,
    我總是在河上呆上整整一上午,
    I always go home with an empty bag.
    然后空著袋子回家。
    You must give up fishing!' my friends say. 'It's a waste of time.'
    “你可別再釣魚了!”我的朋友們說,“這是浪費時間。”
    But they don't realize one important thing.
    然而他們沒有認識到重要的一點,
    I'm not really interested in fishing.
    我并不是真的對釣魚有興趣
    I am only interested in sitting in a boat and doing nothing at all!
    我感興趣的只是獨坐孤舟,無所事事!