新概念英語詞匯速記手冊1新概念1詞匯 Lesson125

字號:

water
    澆水
    I must water the garden first.
    我得先給花園澆水。
    Have you watered the flowers?
    你給花澆水了嗎?
    We need to water the young plants every day.
    我們每天都得給小樹苗澆水。
    terribly
    非常
    It's terribly dry.
    干得厲害。
    It's terribly hot these days.
    這些天來天氣很熱。
    I'm terribly sorry to have broken your glasses.
    打破了你的眼鏡,我真的很抱歉。
    dry
    干的,干燥的
    The clothes become dry quickly outside.
    衣服景在外面容易干。
    The ground is very dry during a hot summer.
    夏天的土地非常地干。
    nuisance
    討厭的東西或人
    What a nuisance.
    真討厭。
    The cat is a really nuisance at night.
    那只貓在這夜里真是討厭極了。
    Don't be such a nuisance,Gary!
    加里,不要那么討厭啦!
    mean
    意味著,意思是
    That means you don't need to water the garden.
    這就是說你不必給花園澆水了。
    Does it mean that I can watch TV now?
    那是不是說我現(xiàn)在可以看電視了?
    That means that we have to get there at 2 this afternoon.
    那就是說我們今天下午兩點鐘就得到那里。
    surprise
    驚奇,意外的事
    That was a pleasant surprise.
    這是意想不到的好事。
    What a nice surprise to meet you here!
    在這里見到你真是意外驚喜。
    It will be a great surprise to her!
    這肯定會讓她大吃一驚。