(美音版)新概念英語第一冊:Lesson 117 Tommy's breakfast

字號:

Lesson 117 Tommy's breakfast
    湯米的早餐
    Listen to the tape then answer this question.
    聽錄音,然后回答問題。
    What does she mean by 'change' in the last sentence?
    最后一句話中的“change”是什么意思?
    When my husband was going into the dining room this morning,
    今天早晨我丈夫走進飯廳時,
    he dropped some coins on the floor.
    把一些硬幣掉在地上了。
    There were coins everywhere.
    到處都是硬幣。
    We looked for them, but we could not find them all.
    我們雖然找了,但沒有把它們?nèi)空业健?BR>    While we were having breakfast, our little boy, Tommy, found two small coins on the floor.
    正當我們吃早飯時,我們的小男孩湯米在地上找到了兩枚小硬幣。
    He put them both into his mouth.
    他把這兩枚硬幣全都放進了嘴里。
    We both tried to get the coins, but it was too late.
    我們倆都試圖把這兩枚硬幣拿出來,但太遲了。
    Tommy had already swallowed them!
    湯米已經(jīng)把硬幣咽了下去!
    Later that morning, when I was doing the housework, my husband phoned me from the office.
    那天下午的晚些時候,當我正做家務時,我丈夫從辦公室打來電話。
    'How's Tommy?' he asked.
    “湯米怎么樣?”他問。
    'I don't know,' I answered,^“我不知道”,我回答說,
    'Tommy's been to the toilet three times this morning,
    “今天上午湯米去了3次廁所了,
    but I haven't had any change yet!'
    但我還沒看到硬幣!”