美語情景對話 第20期:搭飛機回家 Going Home

字號:

Todd: OK, Victor, tomorrow you're flying home.
    維克多,明天你要搭飛機回家。
    Victor: Yes, that's correct.
    是的,沒錯。
    Todd: OK. So, are you afraid of flying?
    你害怕坐飛機嗎?
    Victor: No, flying's fine.
    不,做飛機挺好。
    Todd: Really. Back home, for your job, do you fly?
    真的。回到家,你會因為工作而搭飛機嗎?
    Victor: No, I drive to work and to different assignments.
    不,我工作需要開車去不同的地點。
    Todd: OK, you never have to fly to go to conventions or other cities or stuff like that.
    好的,你從來不用不用搭飛機去開會,或是出國?
    Victor: Once or twice each year I do fly to go to conventions connected with my work.
    每年一次或兩次我會搭飛機出差開會。
    Todd: OK. Um, tomorrow you have a really long flight.
    好的,明天你要坐很長時間的飛機。
    Victor: That's correct.
    是的。
    Todd: It's probably what about 15 hours
    大約15小時。
    Victor: From Narita to Washington DC is 12 hours in the air.
    從成田機場坐飛機到華盛頓需要12小時。
    Todd: So how do you pass the time on the plane?
    那么你如何在飛機上打發(fā)時間呢?
    Victor: On the plane I like to sleep as much as possible.
    我喜歡在飛機上盡可能多地睡覺。
    Todd: OK. Do you take medication or just have a beer or..?
    好的。你靠吃藥還是喝點兒酒來入睡?
    Victor: No, no. I don't take any medication. I just, I tend to stay up late the day before so that I'm so tired I'll want to sleep on the plane.
    不。我不吃藥。我只是在搭飛機前一天睡得晚點,這樣我在飛機上就會覺得很累很想睡覺。
    Todd: Well, good strategy and I hope you have a good flight.
    哇,好策略,希望你明天旅途愉快。