初中英語聽力材料:被迫下臺

字號:

英語聽力頻道為大家整理的初中英語聽力材料:被迫下臺,供大家參考:)
    Julianna: Ha ha! The wicked witch is dead!
    哈哈,女巫終于消失了!
    Hugo: What are you talking about?
    你說什么呢?
    Julianna: Bettina is stepping down as chairperson of the committee. I thought this day would never come.
    貝蒂娜下臺了。我想都沒想過這一天會來。
    Hugo: That’s a big surprise. I never thought I’d live to see the day when Bettina would willingly give up her position.
    真意外啊。我從未想過我有生之年會看到貝蒂娜自愿下臺。
    Julianna: It wasn’t her choice exactly. The rest of the committee forced her out, saying they couldn’t work with her anymore. Oh how the mighty have fallen!
    準確的說,不是她自愿的。委員會其他成員逼她推出的。他們說不能再跟她一起工作了。這么個有勢力的人就這樣倒下了。
    Hugo: But I thought she had the support of the higher-ups and they wanted her in the position.
    但是我覺得上頭支持她,他們想讓她留下。
    Julianna: Well, she’s somehow fallen from grace and they can’t wait to see the back of her. It’s nice to see her get her comeuppance – finally!
    嗯,她失去了魅力,他們迫不及待想她走呢。終于看到她受報應(yīng)了,真好。
    Hugo: Maybe we’re not getting the full story. Maybe she had personal reasons for leaving.
    或許我們不清楚整個事情呢?;蛟S她有自身的原因呢。
    Julianna: Whatever the reason, we’ll be rid of her once and for all. Hallelujah!
    不管原因是什么,我們總算是逃離她的魔掌了。謝天謝地!
    Hugo: How do you know the next chairperson won’t be worse?
    你怎么知道下一任主席會不會更糟糕呢?
    Julianna: Bite your tongue!
    呸你的烏鴉嘴!