迷你對話學地道口語:所有行囊

字號:

迷你對話學地道口語:所有行囊
    A: Susan is going to get a divorce.
    Susan要離婚了。
    B: How do you know that?
    你怎么知道的?
    A: She told me that she has a quarrel last nigh, and she left this morning, bag and baggage .
    她昨天告訴我和Peter吵了一架,今天早上就把東西全部帶走了。
    B: Oh, I see. But I think you are making a fuss. They will make it up. Bet it.
    哦,我知道了。不過我覺得你有點大驚小怪了。他們會和好的。我確信。
    地道表達:
    bag and baggage
    講解:該習語為軍事用語,指“士兵的隨身行李和財物”?,F(xiàn)在隱申為“帶著全部東西,完全地,徹底地”。
    支持范例:
    Eg.Her tenant left, bag and baggage, without paying the rent.
    她的房客未付房租就帶著全部財物離去了.
    Eg.Last week he cleared out bag and baggage;the room is now quite empty.
    上周他把所有東西都搬走了,那房子如今空空如也。
    Eg.The house was vacated bag and baggage in a matter of hours.
    這幢房子在幾個小時里就全部騰出來了。
    Eg.All right, if you won't pay the rent, out with you, bag and baggage!
    好吧,要是你不付房租,就收拾起你的東西滾吧!
    詞海拾貝:
    1.have a quarrel:吵架
    Eg.He is good - nature and have never have a quarrel with anyone
    他脾氣很好,從不和任何人爭吵
    Eg.Every time you two have a quarrel the work gets delayed, and it's usually he who has to pick up the pieces.
    每次你們倆吵架,總要把工作耽擱下來,而往往是他來收拾殘局。
    2.make a fuss:大驚小怪,小題大做
    Eg.You shouldn't make all that fuss about so simple a matter.
    這么簡單的事,你不該那么大驚小怪。
    Eg.Why do you always make a fuss over a trivial things?
    只是點風吹草動, 你怎么就大做文章?
    3.make up:和解
    Eg.The separated couple couldn't make it up.
    那對分居的夫妻不可能和解。
    Eg.After their long argument the two brothers made it up.
    長期爭吵之后,兄弟倆終于和解了。
    3.get a divorce:離婚
    4.bet it:確信
    Eg.You look great in these shoes. I bet it.
    我敢肯定您穿著這雙鞋真好看。
    Eg.It's still in this room, I bet it. Let me help you find it.
    我肯定它還在這間屋里。我?guī)湍阏摇?BR>    所有行囊