我才不要分心

字號:

SCENE④ B 吉娜和戴夫在隔間里
    「我才不要分心」
    Dave:Do you think maybe it would be better to just talk to Vince? Explain the situation?
    戴夫:你覺得去跟文斯說會不會好一點?解釋這整個情況?
    Zina:No way. I want the satisfaction of 1) squishing this bug myself. Plus, what if it's Vince?
    吉娜:門都沒有。我要自己享受壓扁這只蟲子的滿足感。而且若文斯就是那小子怎么辦?
    Dave:I don't think so. Your admirer seems kind of sweet. Aren't you even a little 2) curious about him?
    戴夫:不會吧。你那仰慕者似乎還蠻貼心的。難道你對他一點都不好奇?
    Zina:He's just a 3) distraction, like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. I want no distractions.
    吉娜:他只會讓人分心,就像耳邊蚊子嗡嗡叫。我才不要分心。
    Dave:A little distraction might 4) do you some good, Zina.
    戴夫:稍微分點心或許對你有好處,吉娜。
    語言詳解
    A:Our two-year-old baby is always getting into trouble.
    我們家那個兩歲的小鬼老是出狀況。
    B:Two is the age when they start to get curious.
    孩子就是從兩歲會開始好奇。
    「a little curious 一點兒好奇」
    a little 意思是“不多,但仍有一點”,如果是little,意思是“很少”,隱含否定之意。
    A:There's still a little time. We can have another drink.
    還有一點時間,我們可以再來一杯。
    B:But there is little money with us.
    但是我們沒有什么錢了。
    A:I think they would accept my credit card.
    我想他們會接受我的信用卡。
    1)quish (v.) 擠扁,壓扁
    2)curious (a.) 感到好奇的
    3)distraction (n.) 分心
    4)do someone good 對某人有好處