什么都聊的表達法

字號:

Herbert: About 1) anything and everything!
    赫伯特: 什么都聊!
    Don: Really!
    唐:真的!
    Herbert: One even said that I was his 2) dream girlfriend.
    赫伯特: 甚至有一個人說我是他夢寐以求的女友。
    Don: What? Don't you mean dream boyfriend?
    唐:什么?你是指夢寐以求的男朋友吧?
    Herbert: Oh. I forgot to tell you I 3) pretended to be a 16-year-old girl.
    赫伯特: 喔。忘了告訴你,我裝成一個十六歲的女生。
    Don:4) Are you nuts?
    唐:你瘋啦?
    Herbert: I had to. Nobody wanted to talk to me as a guy.
    赫伯特: 我一定得這么做。當我是男人的時候,沒人想找我聊天。
    Don:I don't know about this. Herbert.
    唐:我覺得這樣不太妙喔,赫伯特。
    語言詳解
    A: Are you fluent in English yet?
    你的英文很流利嗎?
    B: I dream in English, so I guess I'm halfway there.
    我做夢都在講英文,所以我猜我已經快成功了。
    「Nobody wanted to talk to me as a guy.」
    這句話真正的意思是“如果別人知道我是男的,就不會愿意跟我說話。”所以說這句話的赫伯特并沒有變性,只是讓人以為他是女人。
    「I don't know about this. 我并不是那么同意(這件事)」
    當你無法同意別人所說的話,又無意爭吵時,就可以用這句話結束討論,改變話題。
    1) anything and everything 無所不包的
    2) dream girlfriend/boyfriend 夢中女友/男友
    3) pretend (v.) 假裝
    4) Are you nuts? 你瘋啦?nut是“干果” ,也作“瘋子”解釋。