我說錯話了

字號:

Don:Well, how did it go?
    唐:怎么樣,事情進行得如何?
    Herbert:Not very well. 1) I put my foot in my mouth.
    赫伯特:不太順利。我說錯話了。
    Don:Did you get a 2) date?
    唐:你約到她了嗎?
    Herbert:No. I almost forgot to tell her my name. I'm so 3) embarrassed.
    赫伯特:沒有。我差點連名字都忘了告訴她。我好糗。
    Don:It's not too late. You can call her tomorrow.
    唐:現(xiàn)在還來得及。你明天可以打電話給她。
    Herbert:I didn't get her number. I know she didn't like me.
    赫伯特:我沒有她的電話。我知道她不喜歡我。
    Don:Herb! Never leave a lady's table without her phone number!
    唐:赫伯特!沒要到小姐的電話前不可以離座。
    Herbert:Sorry.
    赫伯特:對不起
    語言詳解
    A: Can I see your room?
    我可以看看你的房間嗎?
    B: I'm too embarrassed to show you-it's a mess.
    我不好意讓你看——房間里一團亂。
    「How did it go? 進行的如何?」
    這句話可以用來問任何你不在場的事情,如舞會、手術、會議等的進行情況跟結果。
    A: I had a final yesterday.
    我昨天考期末考。
    B: How did it go?
    結果如何?
    A: OK. I got a B.
    還可以。我得了乙等。
    1) I put my foot in my mouth. 我說錯話了。
    2) date (n.) 約會,約會的對象
    3) embarrassed (a.) 尷尬的,糗的