活在自己的世界里

字號:


    1. We never condone violence.
    對暴力我們絕不姑息。
    2. I prefer to live in a world of my own.
    我喜歡活在自己的世界里。
    ►live in 住進,住在(某地); 存在于…; 為…而生存
    e.g. They decided to emigrate to the U.S. to live in New York. 他們決定移至美國,居住在紐約。
    3. There’s a time and place.
    總得分場合啊。
    4. Don’t put all your goods in the window.
    不要鋒芒畢露。
    5. You can’t bend people to your will.
    你不能把意志強加于人。
    ►bend sb. to one's will 把自己的意志強加于某人身上;強使某人服從自己的意志
    impose one's will on sb. 也有同樣的意思。
    ►bend to 屈服于,服從
    e.g. I will bend to your wishes,and will not follow my original plans. 我會服從你的意愿而放棄我原來的打算。
    6. You should take the pills on an empty stomach.
    藥得空腹吃。
    ►on an empty stomach 空腹時,餓肚子,絕食
    e.g. You'd better not drink milk on an empty stomach. 你最好不要在空腹時喝牛奶。
    7. It’s a real body blow.
    這真是沉痛的一擊。
    ►body blow 重擊,慘敗,大失所望
    e.g. His resignation was a body blow to the team. 他的辭職是對該團隊的一個嚴重打擊。
    8. I’m loath to do it.
    我實在不想干。
    9. You’ve made your point abundantly clear.
    你的意思我很清楚。
    10. You better have a booster.
    你最好打一劑加強針。