地道情景對話:剽竊

字號:


    A: I have no idea about what to do.
    我不知道下一步怎么辦。
    B: Maybe you can pick Mary’s brains now. She knows a lot about stocks.
    也許你可以挖挖瑪麗腦筋里的東西,她對股票很在行。
    A: Let me have a try.
    我去試試吧。
    地道表達:
    pick someone’s brains
    解詞釋義:
    to ask for information or advice from someone who knows more about a subject than you do,翻譯為“剽竊或竊取別人的智力成果 ”。
    支持范例:
    I'd love to pick your brains about computers - you seem to be the expert around here.
    我要玩玩你腦袋里電腦的知識,你在這兒似乎是電腦專家呀。
    Do you mind if I pick your brains on a minor legal matter?
    我想向你討教一個小小的法律問題,行嗎?
    He refused to prepare for the exam,but counted on being able to pick his roommate's brains.
    他不肯準備考試,仗著他能夠向室友請教。
    I've come to pick your brains.
    我是來討教你的專門知識的。
    詞海拾貝:
    1. know a lot about:對......知之甚多
    范例:You seem to know a lot about him.
    你好像很了解他。
    It means you know a lot about movies and you have seen quite a large number of them.
    你很懂電影并且看過很多片子。
    I don’t know a lot about China yet, but Im eager to learn.
    我對中國還不太了解,但我很想知道。
    It seems you know quite a lot about it. I'd better ask for your advice when I have the chance.
    看來你知道的真不少,有機會得好好向你請教。
    2. have a try:試一試
    范例:If you can' t open the box, can I have a try ?
    如果你打不開這個箱子,我能試一試嗎?
    I will have a try even though I should fail.
    哪怕失敗,我也要試一下。
    Don't slight a penny. Have a try to know how it is earned.
    不要小看一分錢。不妨自己去掙掙看。
    Why not have a try? Maybe you will lose a good chance.
    為什么不試試?沒準兒你放跑了一個大好機會。
    3. have no idea:不知道
    范例:We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.
    我們不知道如何說服他放棄這個念頭。
    That' s a difficult question ; I have no idea of the answer.
    這是一個難題,我想不出答案。
    If you have no idea about it, consult a dictionary, please.
    要是你對這個問題不清楚, 請你查字典得了。
    I have no idea why he resigned his post.
    我不知道他為何辭去他的職務。