指望依靠

字號:


    迷你對話:
    A: I feel pity for the old man.
    我可憐那位老人。
    B: I feel the same way.
    我也是。
    A: It must be dreadful to grow old.
    老了真是可怕。
    B: Yeah. He has no one to count on.
    是呀,他指望不上任何人。
    詞海拾貝:
    1. feel pity for:同情,憐憫
    Eg. I feel pity for you, but I can't help you this time.
    我同情你,但是這次是幫不了你了。
    Eg. She was lazy so I do not feel pity for her now she's lost her job.
    她這么懶惰,所以她失業(yè)了我也不會同情她。
    Eg. I don't feel much pity for her.
    我不太同情她。
    2. feel the same way:有同感
    Eg. They feel the same way about the matter.
    他們對此有同感。
    Eg. I feel the same way and hope it stays fine the year round.
    我有同感,希望一年四季天氣總是晴朗。
    Eg. I feel the same way about Alan!
    我同樣感到Alan是為我而造的。
    Eg. I feel the same way as my partner does.
    我跟我的同事有著同樣的感覺。
    3. count on:依靠,指望
    Eg. That was the only thing they could count on.
    那是他們唯一依靠的東西。
    Eg. Don' t count on a salary increase this year.
    別指望今年會加薪。
    Eg. After a broken promise, it is hard to count on a person.
    一次失約,再要人相信你就難了。
    Eg. Ben could always count on his sister to help him out of trouble.
    本總是會依賴他的妹妹幫他解決困難。
    Eg. You can count on him because he is a reliable man.
    你可以信賴他,因?yàn)樗莻€可靠的人。