口語入門:吃了七斤水餃太撐了

字號:


    A:I'm absolutely stuffed. I don't think I've ever eaten so much at one sitting.撐死我了.我從來沒有一口氣吃什么多過.
    B:Same here. How did we manage to eat seven jin of dumplings?我也一樣.我們一共吃了七斤水餃,這究竟是怎么辦到的?
    A:Well, I had five of them. the bill, please.呃,我吃了五斤.勞駕,結賬.
    B:That will be 71 yuan.71元整.
    A:Here's 80. keep the change.這是80.留著零錢吧。
    B:I'm sorry, sir?不好意思,先生,我不大明白你的意思.
    A:He means, 'Could we get the change please?'他的意思是,我們能找零嗎?
    B:Of course, one moment please.當然,請稍等.
    A:What did you mean when you said 'keep the change'?你說”零錢留著吧”是什么意思?
    B:It's called a 'tip'. Think of it as a gift given to the server to show appreciation for their good service. It's common practice in the States.我們把它叫做小費,我們把它當做給服務生的禮物,用來表達對他們優(yōu)質服務的感激之情.這種做法在美國很普遍.