最新英語專八英譯漢難譯詞匯翻譯點撥(40)

字號:


    1. 敷衍搪塞 give someone the runaround
    別拿話兒搪塞我們,我們只是想知道你到底是同意還是不同意。
    Don’t give us the runaround. We’d just like to know whether you agree or not.
    2.哭窮 to poor-mouth
    別跟我哭窮了,我還不知道你的底細?
    Don’t poor-mouth to me. I have your number.
    3.白吃白喝 a freeloader
    我可不愿白吃白喝別人。我不是那種愛占便宜的人。
    I wouldn’t freeload .I’m not a freeloader.
    4.牽線搭橋 pull the strings
    聽說你公司有個空位,我很想去試一試。但你能先為我牽線搭橋么?
    I hear there’s an opening in your company and I would like to fill it. But will you pull some strings forme?
    5.甩掉 palm off
    他讓你趕緊把手中的次品都甩掉。
    He urged you palm off all the shoddy goods immediately.
    6.得罪某人get in Dutch with someone
    張名得罪了他的上司,幾個月后就被開除了。
    Zhang Ming got in Dutch with his boss and in a few months he was sacked.
    7.說別人的閑話dish the dirt about…
    她特別喜歡說別人的閑話,是我們這出了名的長舌婦。
    She is a notorious gossiper here, who is very fond of dishing the dirt about others.
    8.掛個電話 give a buzz
    在來之前請先給我掛個電話,以免讓你撲空。
    Give me a buzz before coming, so that you won’t come to a locked door.
    9.寫封信 drop me a line
    有空了給我寫封信。
    Drop me a line when you have time.